Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mini book and a very naughty printer!



Well, at long last I've summoned up the courage to try and create a mini book! It's not completely finished-I need some different stickers to spell 'Ernie' (the tabby and white cat who is next to 'Bobbi' in the book. White stickers as used in the rest of the book don't show up properly thus requiring a desperate search for some blue-and a wishing for the upteenth time that I had the ability to plan things rather than just dive straight in and therefore alternate between white and blue stickers rather than have to mess about as I will now!





Aren't my guys gorgeous? The book's pretty rubbish-attaching paper to swirly edges isn't something I have a natural gift for it has to be said! Also, my first time working on such a small scale and being a 'more is more' person, I found it tough not having acres of space! Still, I kept at it despite catastophe after disaster and it's just for me and anything with photos of my guys in is good enough for me!




This is now in it's maybe 5th day and I am really struggling. I knew I used my printer alot but I am totally reliant on it it seems! What can I do? I did attempt the whole 'DIY' approach and went into 'My computer' and pretended I understood exactly what it was saying and doing and all would be fine, I could fix it easy peasy. In reality I nearly cried with frustration, got cross and the feeling of being totally thick was overwhelming.





I wonder if I should (listen to this-all my own ideas!!!!), uninstall the printer and then re-install it and then maybe it'll work again. (Impressive use of computer words there you've got to admit).





The idea is one thing, the actual logistics are a bit iffy as not sure how to re-install anything let alone the printer. On a more positive (though this is debatable) note, I feel confident that I can do the uninstall bit as have a strange gift for removing things (oddly always vitally important) from my PC yet being unable to conjure them back from the black hole to which they were magically transported.



Anyway, back to the mini book! With the final two pages I obviously ran out of space and so Bobbi and Ernie can't have 2 facing pages each. What I've done is have the photos as being able to lift up so the journalling is underneath. I wanted Bobbi and Ernie in this book and wanted everyone to have individual pages and not 'Erni and Bobbi together' pages, and this is the only way I could solve the issue of not enough pages!

Now I just need some blue stickers for Ernie, my printer to work so I can print out the journalling and ideally be able to swap some of the white name stickers for blue to be equal between the white and blue!

A fair number of problems arose during this, but it's all a learning curve, next time will be better and if companies could make proper bunny rabbit stickers and phrases as they do dogs and cats then life would be even better!

Items used:
K and company exposed mini book
Stampin Up designer paper
Stampin up ribbon
American Craft felt Thickers
Making Memories alphabet stickers shimmer white
Sandylion fuzzy bunny stickers
Karen Foster cat embellishments
American crafts chipboard stars
Gems
Cat themed buttons
Metal bunny embellishment from Scrapz

2 comments:

craft mad Jenny said...

wow - this is so gorgeous, great pics.

Jeannette said...

Jennie, I love this Mini Album, the colours and paper are purrfect LOL.

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie