Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cupcakes anyone?



At last I have been able to tick the 'Crazy for Cupcakes' Stampin up set off my list! I have a confession to make-when the catalogue first came out I just didn't' get it'. As usual it's blog and forum hopping and seeing what people with incredible talent can do with this set that brought me back in sync with the rest of humanity and wanting in desperately!




Once I 'got it' I adored this set and I'm beyond happy to have it in my collection. I decided to use the same stamp in two ways in order to show myself how useful this set will be. I have always struggled with birthday cards. For each persons birthday thus far I have done a themed card reflecting their hobbies and interests which is often very hard work, although, it barely needs to be said, is always well worth the effort. However, I longed for something easier and fun, something that shouted out 'birthday'. I did really like the Big Bold Birthday but this set is so pretty and girly and yet can be for boys too-or at least I've attempted to make a card suitable for a boy!



The cards are both A6 size though made by folding an A4 piece of card lengthways and then cutting in half. The fold therefore is at the top and I think it's nice to have a change. I made each card using the same basic recipe and used the Stampin up scalloped punch to create the scallop on the smaller piece of paper (surprisingly enough!). The pink card I used markers to watercolour the cupcake whereas the blue I simply coloured the cupcake in as I wanted a bolder look.

Not too bad for a first attempt although I couldn't get the bows right no matter how hard I tried! I'm really looking forward to lots more playing with this particular set and plan to make a few birthday cards for my card box. I'm hoping that birthdays that are in future 'sprung' upon me, are no longer such a mess of desperate and rushed cardmaking through the night as far too often has been the case previously!

Ingredients:(all items Stampin Up unless stated)

Cardstock in Bashful Blue and Pretty in Pink
Petals & Paisley designer paper
Tea & Crumpets designer paper
Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip & Bashful Blue inkpads
Marker pens
Whisper White card
Very Vanilla card
Pretty in Pink & Bashful Blue taffeta ribbon
Scallop border punch
Oval punch EK Success
Diamond stickles glue
Self adhesive gems unknown make



5 comments:

Jeannette said...

Fab Jennie, they're scrumtious. I love both colours. I was never into cupcakes before SU!

Donna said...

Beautiful card and beautiful colours, fantastic :) Donna x

Bridgette said...

Hello Jennie - I just wanted to say thank you for you kind thoughts and wishes for Tess - she is home now - let the recovery commence, she has been thro' such a week and is still not out of the woods.
I love your cards - and agree the shares are a fab way of getting stash - I have some ideas of my own for some shares - just need to tweek the final details to make sure they will appeal to everyone.
Thanks again Jennie - Bridgette

Stephanie said...

What gorgeous cards Jennie & I like the idea of the fold at the top - it is nice to have a change now & then :) The colours are bight & bold - very cheery & apparently cupcakes are gonna be big this year in the crafting industry so you chose well!
Take care hun & I'll catch up with you when I get back xxx

Alex said...

Love the cards made with Crazy For Cupcakes :)

Thanks for sharing.

Alex x

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie