Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Saturday, February 14, 2009

A card, a moan and alot of love



Well I've finally made a card! In honour of it being St. Valentines Day I did one with hearts, no suffering involved though as the Stampin Up set 'Happy Hearts' is just gorgeous. I used nice fresh Spring colours and actually today is a gorgeous sunny day so extra spot on there!




I've been following (as best I can) a sketch that was in the April 2008 issue of Sheetload of cards'. I promise I haven't had it since April last year-I came across it just a couple of weeks ago and loved it and I've done my best to do it justice.



I think in hindsight I used the wrong paper design. The paper is supposed to be two pieces but with this stripe although it is two pieces and I've inked the edges and so forth, you can't really tell as you would had I used a floral for example. I love this paper though and needed some colour after all this grey and snow!





I survived the British Gas man coming round yesterday you'll be pleased to know! He spent about 3 seconds in my houes-no he can't mend taps, yes you'll have to find someone else. What a waste of time! Now I've got to wait and see if I actually get some new taps-both do need changing! My Mum owns this house, (I rent it off her) and she's not the best in terms of maintenance, repairs etc. If repairs and maintenance were free and there was no effort involved I'd have a beautiful home, alas both time and money are required and my Mum is notorious for not being prepared to spend either if she can help it! Now if you could get repairs done via QVC I'd be OK...must have a word with them-she loves QVC and TV per se-it's a shame 'telly addicts' isn't on anymore as my Mum would have been great-whenever you phone she's always watching the television and it's her 'favourite'!!! I get really annoyed to have the TV chosen (yet again) over me!! My brother insists she'll never change though and I need to just accept it but I struggle. I'm just a stickler for manners-and they don't cost anything after all!






I'm the same with call waiting-you know when people are talking happily to you and suddenly say 'oh hang on, I've someone else trying to get through' and disappear. You're sat on the end of the phone thinking 'are you coming back?' and sometimes they do, sometimes they don't! Actually my Mum used to have that too, but couldn't work it properly. She used to just say 'there's someone else trying to get through, they might be important' and put the phone down! I would be incensed! Thankfully she stopped getting that-it's not free and it's not QVC!!!



Right, moan over, it's a day of love so I'll finish with a picture of my guys, my family together. It's taken at night and I can't use a flash with animals eyes so it's not the best but to me it illustrates love and today is, after all, the day of love.




From left:
Humphrey, Jacob, Basil and Tom. Tom is nearly hanging off the chair as Basil has an annoying tendancy to oversniff Tom! However annoying this is, Tom still wants to be close to the others-my heart just sighs when I see them cuddling one another-it means the world to me that they're friends and love each other as they do.

So Happy Valentines Day. Whomever you love, love them some more today and then tomorrow and the day after. How blessed we are.

Stamps:
Stampin Up 'Happy Hearts
Stampin Up 'Wild Hearts' background stamp

Other:
Stampin Up Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery and Old Olive inkpads
Stazon hot pink ink pad
Europa cardstock
K & company paper
K & company sentiment sticke
brads, gems, and other cardstock from stash

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a lovely card - the colours are just gorgeous & a refreshing change from all the red's and pinks (guilty lol)
Awww.. bless your mum!! I did have a chuckle reading of her antics lol (I'm a QVC addict too!)
Thanks for your lovely comments, I do suspect the page hits are a result of the blog candy & not the other way round LOL xxx

Bridgette said...

Gosh, I have loved reading your posts and looking at your adorable family - this is just to say thank you for visiting my site and linking my blog candy and to wish you good luck on the 20th - you could be on a winning streak - I love the colour combination too - Bridgette

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie