Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Birthday


A little (A6-seems small to me!) birthday card here. I'm right on trend here stampwise with a Rachelle Anne Miller stamp from the Lily & Milo collection-this presumably is Lily!

It's a gorgeous stamp I think and involves lots of colouring in which is definitely my preference. When I get a stamp with little or no colouring I feel short changed and a bit of a cheat actually!

Anyway, I've been really struggling with this thing we call 'Mojo' lately-my mind being willing and my body weak hasn't helped either. Nonetheless I was determined to have a play (I'd done some hoovering-come on I EARNED some play time) and play I did.

In all honesty, mixing papers has been something I've longed to do but been too scared/rubbish to manage myself. Jeanette's blog is full of cards where she's mixed papers, different colours and textures, shapes and sizes etc-I've been so inspired since I found it (or should that be her?)!

So I sat down, got out some papers, got scared, looked at Jeanette's blog again and felt better and this is the result. I'm really pleased actually-just what I had in my head and what's in my head doesn't often end up on the card in front of me I can assure you.

My only reservations (yep, I'm my own worst critic) are that I struggled ages with what to put in the bottom left-I'm not entirely convince the flower is right but nothing else seemed to work. The sentiment is too feint too; that's Pretty in Pink ink being overwhelmed I think! Never mind!

Ingredients:
Rachelle Anne Miller (Lily & Milo) stamp
'Wild Hearts' SU background stamp
'Birthday Bunnies' SU stamp set for the sentiment
Basic Grey chipboard
K and company diamond paper
Papermania spotted paper
Barely Banana SU cardstock
Pretty in Pink SU ink
Paper blooms
Brad
Stickles on image and brad

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

Jennie, your card is fab! I'm so pleased that I've actually inspired someone. This is what blogging is all about, learning, sharing, and giving/receiving inspiration. You should see the cards I made when I first started, they looked like a 5 year old threw them together. And if you makes you feel any better sometimes it takes me a couple of hours to put a card together. I think it all depends on the way you feel at the time. I've found new stash always helps get the creative juices flowing. :o)

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie