Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I won blog candy!




Yum..Lemon Meringue Pie!!

Actually I had a surprise today as I found out that I won some blog candy!!! Whoopee!! I was the name drawn out on Sarah's blog this morning and win some gorgeous papers and lots of stamps! Very exciting indeed!

Sarah's daughter drew my name out and it's her 10th birthday today so I'm not the only happy person today! I remember being at school and in the queue for lunch when I overheard two girls in front of me and my friend discussing birthdays.

'I'm double figures now' announced one girl proudly and I remember feeling so in awe of this older girl who seemed so grown up! At that moment I too got very excited about being double figures and when my 10th birthday eventually did arrive, I'm sure I bored everyone to death by continually announcing the fact that I was now double figures and how special that meant I was!!

Back to the blog candy. Poor Sarah is poorly at the moment so I've told her not to be in any hurry to post my goodies. When they do arrive I'll post a picture on here and get crafting with them! It's horrible being poorly though so best wishes and lots of get well soon hugs to Sarah.




Bobbi seemed alot better today when I saw her thank goodness. I have been so worried. Although she was in a bed when I arrived she was happy to have lots of cuddle and kisses and then returned to her usual self by accompanying me when I went to seek out dandelions and sow thistle for Jacob and Humphrey. Bobbi does the reconnaissance on her daily adventures and then when I go searching, she comes with me and sits by dandelion patches. I know this sounds crazy but she really does-she's a great help! Today we got plenty and quickly-just as well as it then started to rain and went really cold.


As mentioned before, Ernie isn't much help when he comes with me on my forays. A couple of days ago he came out and after attacking my hands numerous times he then wandered off only to turn around and before I knew it he had launched himself on me-goodness only knows why! I have mud all over my coat now -people must wonder why! It's a sort of 'puffa jacket' (are they still called 'puffa jackets?') that I wear to the puss cats as it's very warm and wind proof and doesn't matter if it gets muddy, hairy or pierced by cats padding happily whilst having a cuddle on my lap.I think I must remember to wipe it clean before people think I've been rolling in mud or something weird!

I still haven't sorted out my blog candy award have I? Useless me. I will have a ponder and be back either later or tomorrow. There are so many fab blogs out there-in fact I'd get much more crafting done if I didn't spend so much time blog-hopping! It's irresistible though isn't it?

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

Well done Jennie, I'm so glad you won the Blog Candy. Happy to hear Bobbi's feeling better.

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie