Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Monday, October 15, 2007

The Snowman



I've noticed an increasing number of advertisments on the T.V. recently concerning CHRISTMAS! I hate, hate, hate the whole Christmas thing going on for months and months as when Christmas actually does arrive, I'm Christmasd out. The other thing I find is that I ignore all the Christmas talk for so long that suddenly it's Christmas eve and I haven't bought any presents, or food and it's a crisis. Last year the shops has sales on before Christmas which is awful, all the Christmas items then looked cheap and sort of past their sell by date. If you're a late shopper it made for a cheap Christmas I suppose but Christmas isn't about being cheap or getting 50% off is it?

There are a few nice things about Christmas that I do enjoy. I love the fairy lights, the smell of cinnamon, ginger and fir. I love the thrill in the air as the day approaches and I love Channel 4 for putting The Snowman on EVERY year without fail.

I loved The Snowman (Raymond Briggs) from the start. I remember vividly when The Snowman first was created, the music was everywhere and has to be one of the all-time Christmas songs. My love of The Snowman has never diminished, I have a collectors video etc and best of all a collection of Royal Doulton figurines. I don't have all of the figures produced by any means, some of them are worth an absolute fortune nowadays. I'd give my eye teeth for the one with The Snowman and the boy flying through the air. It's amazing, absolutely beautiful and very expensive and hard to come by.

My collection is on display all year round, though moves to prime viewing position in December! My photos don't do the figures justice, too dark really, I'll have to try again on a sunnier day.

I think I may potter off and watch my video again..I always, always cry at the end. It's so sad.

No comments:

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie