Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Favourite fabric

I love this music score piece and I've never seen anything like it. I picked this up from my local Interior Designer, the manuscript and panels came from him too. He's a lovely chap and he has the most talented ladies who sew the most beautiful things. I grab what I can from there in terms of the excess bits and so have a fabric stash to be proud of!


Amongst the many things I enjoy collecting, fabric is one of the best. It comes in so many varieties, some of them are works of art in themselves. I mainly just hoard them and get them out every so often and am just glad I found them! I DO intend to do the most fantastic things with them one day, but it's hard deciding and what if I wished later I hadn't made X but had made Y instead?? Anyway fabric stashes (or any sort of stash for that matter) are almost even nicer in stash form than made into something else..

I love beautiful things and never imagined that fabric could come in such an array of subjects and styles. I'll do some more pictures soon as I have a fantastic shoe fabric and also my collection of Toile de Jouy which is my utter favourite of favourites!

I seem to have the nose of a bloodhound for finding fabrics. I love the bargains though, end of rolls, the excess from another project etc. They can always be made into panels onto a larger piece but frankly much of what I do make is smaller anyway, mainly soft furnishings, bags etc and so these littler gems are perfect and being unusual means that I avoid the horror of joining every one else in my small town with the latest bag!

No comments:

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie