Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Thursday, October 4, 2007


It's a lovely sunny day today, good for the spirits. I'm in the middle of several craft projects, but also some house decorating, bits and bobs so time is short and energy in even less supply!

I'm waiting for some wooden letters to arrive which I intend to decorate for my beautiful niece Isla. The letters form her name and I will use acrylics and pretty papers, also some embellishments to create a very personal present for her bedroom wall.

I'm also trying to make various fabric flowers as seen on some of my favourite blogs. I have a huge stash of fabrics in all sorts of designs and which I want to use to make some blinds, cushion covers, table cloths and other soft furnishings. I also have a fair amount of small pieces which happily are perfect for fabric corsages.

I've bought some brooch backs and so it's just a question of cutting and stitching now! I'll post some completed ones asap.

By the way, the fairy bookends are a new aquisition. I found them in a charity shop and they're as new. My intention/ambition is to re-paint them in prettier colours, maybe pinks and yellows, with the result being proper fairies! Think they'll be a lovely pressie for my little niece once she's old enough to have books. As she's only teeny now it gives me a fair bit of time to complete the project..phew! I'm not the worlds greatest artist but think I can make an already very pretty thing even prettier.

No comments:

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie