Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Lovely surprise!

On Thursday afternoon whilst feeling a bit fed up and worried about Basil, I heard the doorbell. On the doorstep was the very friendly Royal Mail parcel lady with a huge and somewhat mysterious parcel for me!




As I opened it I realised what it was. A few weeks ago I received an email from a craft shop, I have bought some bits for mainly papercrafting, including some fantastic stamps, a PSX (R.I.P.) Rose stamp which is stunning. Artymiss have been expanding recently and their website now includes projects, tips and a craft glossary. Artymiss had provided several craft definitions themselves and were asking for contributions to the glossary. Definitions were required on crafting tools/techniques/products and so forth and any published on the site would receive a goody bag.

It's impossible to peruse a glossary that is incomplete without thinking of definitions not already listed. I emailed a few ideas off, some definitions were relatively easy, others required more thought as a 'ready-made' definition was not readily available.





The result was an amazing 8 definitions published and the above box of craft goodies. I am thrilled with the new stash, so many lovely bits including rub-ons, stickers, glitter glue, chipboard embellishments, a big pack of coloured foam, some DCWV goodies and a lovely 8" x 8" scrapbook! Chuffed isn't the word to describe my delight and for these goodies to arrive just on a day when I really needed a lift made an amazing surprise even better.

I feel a bit bad though, in the sense that Artymiss have shown such incredible generosity for just a bit of time spent rifling through my craft stash for suitable definition subject matter and a bit of thinking to create definitions where none were easily found.

Needless to say I throughly recommend them as a craft supplier, though I would have anyway as they have such lovely things and with FREE P+P over £10.00, it's hard to resist! Where I live is such a small town in a rural area so Internet shopping is a necessity for many things and certainly for variety of craft goodies.

My lovely parcel certainly lifted my spirits and I can't wait to use the goodies, especially the beautiful pink glittery alphabet, the vintage stickers, the DCWV bits and the 'snow' stuff which is entirely new to me so will be subject to experimentation soon I assure you!

What a lovely world the crafting community is.

2 comments:

Craftybernie said...

What a lovely and thoughtful gift!

curlywhiskersandtwitchingnoses said...

Thank you for your comment! It was such a lovely surprise and really cheered me up. I'm going to enjoy playing with my new treats.

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie