Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Cardmaking, I never left you!

What with making fabric flowers, sewing beads onto fabric for my pretty box and tearing my hair out over the wooden letters, cardmaking has taken somewhat of a back seat for a while.

Being as it is cardmaking that revived my creative urges (so to speak) after years in the artistic wilderness, I had been feeling increasingly disloyal to my pretty papers, rubber stamps and glue pen to name but a few of my papercraft friends!

Yesterday I received the October newsletter from Pink Petticoat which proved a great incentive to step away from the paints, fabric and thread and embrace my old friend, the paper trimmer.




Pink Petticoat deserve a mention here as well as a recommendation. If you haven't heard of Pink Petticoat then do look them up as they have a great site full of inspiration for contemporary cardmaking using original and really fun and primarily 'girly' designs.

Best of all, if you sign up for their newsletter, as well as an initial 'Welcome Pack', every month you are emailed a link to download more FREE papers. They're all original designs and I think of them as 'feel good' cardmaking as the designs are just 'happy'!

Anyway, back to my new cards...!





This was the first time of using this beautiful stamp that I longed for from the moment I saw it! The papers are from the October Pink Petticoat freebies. The chipboard is from K and Co and the ribbon is from the Making memories ribbon words range. The metal swirl is Hot Off The Press.


If you could please ignore the wonky ribbon (thank you!), the Pink PetticoatOctober Newsletter papers are again used, the cork letters were from Ebay (unknown manufacturer) and the (wonky) ribbon is by Anna Griffin. The rubber stamp (which I love) is by Great Impressions. I think I should have another go at making this card actually as the ribbon looks awful! I also stamped the image in 3 colourways, and then layered the 'tiles' in a 3d effect which is impossible to see properly with my lousy photography and instead looks at wonky as the ribbon!! Anyway, you can get the gist of what I was TRYING to achieve at least!

OK, red face aside, this is my final card of the day (3 cards in 1 day is an incredible workrate for me, I amaze myself sometimes). Happily I was at last able to use my 'de Paris' rubber stamp from Hampton Arts. I also have a 'le shop' rubber stamp too and great plans now for the christening of that image!



The rubber stamp is by Docrafts and a recent bargain in the sale! The ribbon is from the same Making Memories pack as before and again the metal swirl ( do they have a proper name?) is from Hot Off The Press.



No comments:

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie