Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Beautiful Fabric Flowers

I love the whole corsage look and have a fair few bought flower hair accessories etc. I'd love some knitted corsages but can't knit so I was thrilled to find a few patterns for fabric flowers on some of the beautiful blogs I have come across. My particular fabric flower favourite is the one on Wise Craft.




(Photo courtesy of Wise Craft blog)

I was a little confused (as I am so very easily) about how exactly to layer the petals once cut so I emailed Wise Craft. I got an immediate and very kind reply clarifying the petal formation and also adding that the petals can be placed unfolded/folded/however you like. What a lovely lady Blair is.

My first attempt is below.





I actually spent far more time trying to choose fabrics than making the flower as the instructions are very clear. The most difficult bit was trying to cover a button with fabric. I bought some special buttons and an odd device that enables you to put the fabric of choice on these buttons, but couldn't fathom the instructions at all. There were no words, just very confusing pictures. Clearly I did manage to cover my button in fabric but I wouldn't call it perfect, nor secure so I certainly need to improve my technique before giving my flowers to anyone as a presnt, or just use pretty plain buttoms and skip the fabric covering bit! (Sounds tempting).

Overall though, I'm pleased with my first attempt actually and it will be the first of many I'm sure. I think they'll look super on Winter coats and having a few coats, I'll be needing more flowers. I'm going to try to make one out of felt next which hopefully will work!



No comments:

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie