Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Saturday, January 31, 2009

An irresistible bunny



Just a quick card but a fun card to make. The stamp (irresistible isn't he?) is from the new collection at Little Claires. As mentioned on more than one occasion, I loathe acrylic stamps as i just don't seem to be able to get on with them. Whether they're getting better in general or if I've just managed to stumble on a couple of companies who do superior acrylic stamps I don't know but Little Claire's stamps are superb. They're all so cheerful and for those who've visited my blog before, you will already know that anything with animals in general and especially cats and bunnies is irresistible to me.

So, I saw this bunny and had to have him! I wonder if she'll do a lady bunny too? Hope so, oh and bunny babies...!!? This card is C6 which is unusual for me as I prefer larger cards but I had the image coloured in and wanted to just make a quick and easy fun card. These would be easy to make alot of actually, especially if you reduced the matted layers and would make perfect Easter cards especially if you could bring some Easter eggs in by using papers, stickers, stamps etc. I think he makes a great Thank you card though too.

I used Stampin Up markers to colour him in and some glossy accents on the flowers for extra shine. I used a sentiment 'thank you' and a small swirl from the 'Noteworthy' set also from SU. These were stamped in 'Pretty in Pink' to match the flowers. The C6 card base is 'Barely Banana' with matted layers in 'Pretty in Pink' and 'Apricot Appeal'.

I used a Stampin Up brad to attach the paper blooms from Sarahs cards.

PS Please ignore the appalling grass and flowers by the bunny's feet. I didn't want him hanging in midair and have seen the whole 'making ground' thing demonstrated many times. I KNOW I am not artistic but really-a bit of grass should be easy enough surely? Not for me, but I didn't want to have to stamp another image to 3D the bunny on(remember this is a quick card!)so persevered and well, the bunny is so gorgeous I hope people won't look at the grass etc! Plan B is required for my next attempt though no idea what plan B is yet.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Awww cute bunny & great colour combo - sweet! :)x

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie