Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Christmas Thank You cards


I managed to get my thank you cards done a week or so ago but kept forgetting to post, so here we are-eventually!

I have always written thank you letters/made thank you cards since being a child-I think a written thank you means so much more than a rushed verbal one. Someone spent time and thought on me, so the least I can do is return this and say thank you properly.


These cards were in response to some lovely Christmas presents and the lovely time I spent on Christmas Day I spent with my Mum and her husband.
To make these cards I used Royal and Langnickel cream square hammered card blanks that I've had for ages so it was great to find a use-I seem to be afraid of square cards in a way even though I love how they look!


The rest is from Stampin Up to include some of the retired (but still available whilse stocks last) Dashing designer paper which is double sided so the strips of paper on the cards above show each side of just one of the papers in the set.
I used Real Red cardstock punched with a scallop punch.
The stamps are 'Natural Beauty' for the robin and 'Simple Sayings 2' for the sentiment (again-it's a great set!). Both are retired.
I used a memories ink pad to stamp the image and then watercoloured the robin using Stampin Up ink pads and a aquapainter. Real Red and Chocolate Chip were used for the robin and Real Red for the sentiment.
It's not often I've made several cards in one go but I really enjoyed the process which surprised me.

I'm finding I am enjoying watercolouring more and more which is incredible considering how horrific art classes were at school. I find it so rewarding and quite soothing actually. I think I really enjoy being creative even in this small way.


The recipients liked the cards so that's what matters ultimately and I've a set of small 'Love Notes' (small blank cards and envelopes) from Stampin Up that I've been wanting to make a card set from for ages and now I think my confidence may be up to it! I can but try can't I!

1 comment:

Tassy said...

I love these cards, they are really sweet:)

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie