Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Monday, January 26, 2009

The beautiful and very brave Sophie




This is my latest scrapbook layout featuring the beautiful and very brave Sophie. If you've visited my blog before you'll know that Sophie fought so hard but lost her battle for life in May 2008. We miss her so much, life really is not the same and our home certainly isn't the same without Soph running around.



I'm only a scrapbook beginner and with one thing and another I make very slow progress. I have tried to make this page so many times but it's been so hard, the other day I just felt ready and the ideas just flowed really easily. I want my pages to be personal and not just trying to be 'on-trend' for the sake of it. It is for this reason that I hand write my journalling though I loathe my writing and I'm not fussy about rulers to line everything up-it's about the subject-in this case Soph and nothing else. I want my pages to enable the viewer to understand what I'm trying to say without me having to explain. I try to capture the subjects character and my feelings towards them-my pages are 'made with love' quite simply. It's primarily me who looks at them and I do enjoy looking over the 5 (including this page) layouts I've completed. I think Soph would approve of this one and whatever I've done in terms of embellishing doesn't (I sincerely hope) detract from the photo which says it all-my beautiful Sophie.

I had told Soph when I started scrapbooking that when I did her page, I would do the prettiest and most girlie layout possible, in an attempt to reflect Soph's beauty. I have tried hard to do this, to find the prettiest embellishments possible and create a really girlie, pretty page.
It's a very gloomy day here, hence the flash but I wanted to post this photo anyway.
I should list some of the ingredients shouldn't I?


Laura Ashley 12 x 12" paper
Paper blooms including the large 'Wild Rose' from Sarahs cards
Green Thickers from American Crafts (also from Sarahs cards)
Chatterbox pink chipboard letters
Making memories polka dot pink puffy alpha letters
Queen and Co. pink and green floral design felt ribbon
Brenda Walton bunny embellishment
Stick on pearls by Joy crafts
'Love' epoxy dome sticker by Michele Ackerman
Jenni Bowlin journalling shape and scalloped circle behind epoxy 'Love' sticker
Pink and white lace from local haberdashery shop
Flower gems and flat backed pearl from local craft shop can't remember make

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Awww...Sophie is so gorgeous & what a fitting tribute to her - this page is stunning, I can't believe you're a beginner! I would love to scrapbook but find it a little bit overwhelming - I'll have to pop here for inspiration :) xxx

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie