Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Friday, April 10, 2009

Touch the Stars



Thought I'd try and add a colour that is way out of my comfort zone-turqouise. This decision came after my light blue Copic turned into a turquoise type colour after a couple of layers! I'm really pleased with this card-I can still see messed up bits but the essence of what I want to create remains-this is more like it!

Aargh, the sentiment's moved a bit for the photo! You could never imagine the problems I've had using the silver hodgepodge frame and cutting the sentiment to fit it! It's been awful! I just couldn't seem to work out how to cut it to fit properly-my brain totally failed me!


Ingredients:
Card blank from stash
Basic grey papers
Whipsper White card from Stampin Up
Chipboard flowers from Stampin Up (covered in Basic grey paper)
Chipboard stars from American Crafts
Chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon from Stampin Up
Ribbon charm and silver frame from Silver Hodgepodge set from Stampin Up
Sentiment stamp from 'Dreams and Dragons' set from Stampin Up
'Gorguss girl' rubber stamp from Sugar Nellie
Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin Up for sentiment
Dark Brown chalk ink for edges

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

Jennie, it's a beautiful card, and one of my favourite colours too. You've done a fab job with the copics, I still haven't managed to get to grips with them.

Stephanie said...

This is a fabulous card Jennie - sorry I've been AWOL of late - hubby has imposed a blog ban!! Hope you're well love Steph xxx

Susie Sugar said...

Gorguss darling !!! totally stunning
love Susie xx

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie