Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Passion for papertrey challenge-Scallops

I've been unable to do much crafting recently for one reason or another and as a result I missed one of the challenges on Kate and Stephs blog 'A Passion for Papertrey'. Desperate to get back on track I visited the blog to find the theme being 'scallops'. Phew-I can do this!

Here's my attempt anyway. I have so few Papertrey bits, just a few lovely items Steph generously sent me, but if I can win one of these challenges my Papertrey stash will more than double so here goes!




I don't actually know the names of these Papertrey colours but the card, paper and ribbon are all Papertrey. I've used two Stampin Up sets for the baby and sentiment (I ADORE this baby) and Copics for colouring-I'm still practising furiously! Happily I have some Copic markers that perfectly match the Papertrey colours!




I 3D'd the baby and though it's a simple card I am pleased with the result-I actually don't feel the need to start sticking every embellishment in sight on it! I must be ill! For the ribbon I punched two holes near the join with my Silent Setter and pulled each end through this to tie the bow. Three small Papermania gems complete the card.



The card has been cut with the join at the top. I do like cards this shape and again it seemed to work well with what I was trying to do. All in all a simple but effective card and I have enjoyed using the gorgeous Stampin Up baby very much! It was about time he/she had an outing!

Ingredients:
Card, paper & ribbon from Papertrey (courtesy of Steph)
Stampin Up stamp sets-
Baby from 'Cuddles & Tickles'
Sentiment from 'I'm Here'
Copics
Gems from papermania
Scalloped border punch from Stampin Up
Circle and Scalloped circlePunches

4 comments:

Sarah B said...

Ah bless what a cute card. Just to let you know honey you won Day 3 of my giveaway, e-mail me your details and I'll get them out asap, Hugs Sarah B X

Jeannette said...

Very Cute card Jennie and congrats on winning one of Sarah's giveaway's.

Kate Lewis said...

What a lovely card!I love the way you've popped up the baby - thanks for joining in the challenge! Kate x

Stephanie said...

This card is adoreable Jennie - you really have put those baby theme papers to good use :) Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge *hugs* Steph xxx

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie