Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Gorgeous bunnies


Being an avid bunny fan I simply HAD to have the set of Little Cotton Rabbit rubber stamps from Sugar Nellie in my collection. This is my first card made with them and I've been playing with Copics-trying to learn how to blend them etc. I still need more colours so I'm rather limited now. Currently, I have got mainly browns and pinks-browns for bunnies and pussy cats and pinks because I'm a pink fan! I really hope I'll get the hang of Copics as I've been in awe of some of the photos of cards on blogs I've seen. Even without the blending, I still adore them, they're gorgeous colours and the lack of brush strokes is something that for me makes them worth every penny. I did try the Stampin Up markers and though the colours are gorgeous, brush strokes are a real issue. It's so disappointing to try really hard with a card and then all you can see are brush strokes all over the image.


I've done a few fussy cards recently so thought I'd keep this one fresh and simple. I've wanted to use one of the Jenni Bowlin journalling pieces on a card forever; one of the pink ones seemed perfect for this card. I received a card from someone which had a little piece of the new Stampin Up pink striped ribbon. It's from the new mini and after I had tried with goodness knows how many bits of ribbon of various colours, I spotted the card and couldn't believe how perfect the ribbon was for this card! So, it's cannibalised ribbon I suppose but for me it just matches the stripes on the Jennie Bowlin journalling card perfectly!


Ingredients:
Square card blank from stash
Little Cotton Rabbits stamps from Sugar Nellie
Copics
Barely banana card from Stampin Up
Pretty in Pink card from Stampin Up
Scalloped border punch from Stampin Up
Anna Griffin paper
Anna Griffin rub on sentiment
Jennie Bowlin journalling card
Stampin Up striped grosgrain ribbon
Gems from stash

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

Gorgeous card too Jennie, sorry I haven't been around for a while, your cards are looking fab!

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie