Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Thursday, May 7, 2009

You make each day brighter...


Yesterday afternoon the sun shone and it was so lovely I had to craft. My craft table is by the window looking into the garden and as the back of the house is south-west facing, it gets very sunny and very hot!

The sunshine inspired the card design-all fresh and bright and pretty!



Today I'm nursing a front chipped tooth.When I woke up this morning my mouth felt odd and when I looked in the mirror, ta da! No idea what I've done although I do watch 'The Wire' and it's on really late and can be very violent so maybe I've been thrashing around trying to escape the baddies and somehow bumped my tooth! I can't see my dentist until Saturday morning although I could see other dentists. My dentist is endlessly patient, so as my tooth isn't hurting (as yet) I'm going to be very brave and try and wait until Saturday!

Poor Ernie has an eye infection at the moment-not entirely sure of the cause though suspect a claw possibly! I saw it when I went down on Tuesday afternoon so fed them, came straight home, phoned the vet and got a virtually immediate appointment. Considering Ernie's not been in a carrier, or to the vet in 8 years or so and barely had any human contact for that time, he did really well. He spent the entire time at the vets huddled into me poor sweetheart.



It's antibiotic cream twice a day in the infected eye, which Ernie finds extremely disturbing and cannot for the life of him understand. He doesn't get aggressive just confused and frightened which is really awful for me too. I'd rather he hissed and bit me than flinched and shook. Extra cuddles and love have been prescribed by Dr me and hopefully his poor eye will be better soon and everything can get back to normal for Ernie once again.

Ingredients:
Daisy rubber stamp from Sugar Nellie
Sentiment from Stampin Up
Stampin Up card-Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink

Pretty in Pink ink from Stampin Up
K & co paper
Papertrey white card
Copics
Chalk ink pad
Memento black ink pad
Gems from stash
Green gingham gathered ribbon from Bazzill
Pink faux suede ribbon from haberdahery shop
Heart locket from stash
Paper flowers from craft shop
Hydrangea petals from Prima

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a pretty card Jennie :)

Make sure you see that dentist, don't put it off lol

Poor Ernie, hope the infection clears up :(

Enjoy the weekend
Love steph x

strawberry fields said...

Oh my goodness.....I just LOVE your bunnies! Thank you so much for the sweet email. I'll add you to my blog list so I can see your lovely creations as well as your cute pets. Thank you too for your congratulations.
It would be great to stay in touch
hugs
fiona :)

strawberry fields said...

oh, we have even more in common....a love of Grace Kelly and Cath Kidston as well as bunnies....great taste :)

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie