Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Showing off my hodgepodge!


I thought I'd do a card using the Polka Dot punches Stampin Up set that was available only during Saleabration. This set is courtesy of Jeannette-a lovely, lovely set, thank you! The hodgepodge hardware is also courtesy of a fab offer from Jeannette where you pay a certain amount to get a partial set to try. Jeannette's also offering this with papers and pretties and I think she may have the odd spot available still on a ribbon deal-not sure-pop over and see.

I've never used the hodgepodge before but I was struggling to finish the card sentiment wise. I'd been so used to not having the hodgepodges that I forgot I did now have some and when I spotted this small frame, I wondered and tried it and think it is just right!

Best disappear for now, need to feed the birds before it gets dark and it's getting darker rapidly. It's also getting extremely chilly-I've just been down to Ernie and Bobbi (for the second time I hasten to add) and given them more food and changed their water as I forgot the bottle of water when I went earlier. The guys wouldn't exactly be short of water though as it rained extremely hard when I was there this morning. As a result of getting soaked, I put my gloves on the radiator to dry and forgot to retrieve them when I went back just now. My poor hands are so cold! Picking wet dandelion leaves and Sow Thistle on a cold still Winter's evening isn't the best idea when you're prone to painful hands when cold! What could I do though? My bunnies want dandelions, they get dandelions and when I've picked them when it's hailing/raining/snowing and snow on the ground, conditions such as those this evening are by comparison a breeze!!

Ingredients:
(All from Stampin Up)
Polka Dot Punches stamp set
Happy sentiment from retired set
Designer paper (retired but still avaialble)
Real Red card
Real Red and Chocolate Chip inkpads
Silver Hodgepodge Hardware (frame and both sets of brads)

No comments:

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie