Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Passion for Papertrey challenge


With many thanks to the lovely Steph who kindly sent me a few Papertrey bits so I could participate, here is my attempt at the current challenge on A Passion for Papertrey.


If you've seen my previous attempt at a challenge you'll know that I can never fully understand the instructions! This challenge is for 'one layer'. My interpretation is that the card is the one and only layer. Embellishments and ribbon are allowed-other than that it's a no no.


Kate's cards seem to me to follow this rule so I desperately tried to reign in my usual urges to amass as much as is possible on a single card! I often feel my cards are akin to the Guinness World Record attempt-along the line of how many people can fit in a telephone box! My take on this is how many different things can I stick on a card and it still:


a) fit in an envelope to send

b) stand up unassisted!

Anyway, I did my best, then looked at the other challenge cards and it seems I may be alone in my interpretation. Other people have put paper layers on and then everything else-I may be disqualified for getting it all wrong and I suffered, yes, suffered doing this card with it's cruel (and maybe not entirely factual) limitations!!!! Sorry guys if I've got it wrong!

Anyway, I tried to do my usual /more is most definitely more' kind of card with only 1 layer-the card. It was hard but I certainly can see the value in cards like this-a true one layered card is so much quicker to do and although I'm clearly extremely organised (in fact organisation is my middle name along with fibber), there are times (most times) when I need a card in a hurry. A quick card would be my saviour but alas my genetic make-up gets scared by minimalism-I'm a victim really, so back to the Guinness World record attempts I think!
Ingredients: (All Papertrey unless otherwise stated)
Card
Paper
Stampin Up Riveting stamp set
Stampin Up Swirls and Blossoms background stamp
Brilliance ink Pearlescent Purple
Flower punch unknown
Gems unknown

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

Jennie, it's great and I love the photo's of your flowers they are brilliant.

Stephanie said...

Jennie, this is such a pretty card - definately qualifies (unlike my own lol) - thank you so much for taking part & good job! :) xxx

Kate Lewis said...

Great card Jennie - I know this is a tough challenge for most of us but that's why challenges are great, they really (really really!) stretch our creativity!!! Definitely qualifies for the challenge by the way - thanks so much for playing along! Kate xx

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie