Spring

Spring
Sunshine in a flower

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Cardmaking practice



With Christmas ever nearer, I thought I'd better get in a bit of cardmaking practice!I decided to use some of the Pink Petticoat papers again as they're very different to the vintage style papers I normally use. the image above is also from Pink Petticoat. The text is a free font made into word tiles and a simple 3d effect. It's much trendier than my usual style!





Again the Pink Petticoat papers are used for this card (above). I made a frame from one of the papers printed onto card and used a 3d effect for the flowers. I painted an irridescent glitter glue onto the 3d petals and the petals on the backing paper, and once dry, carefully curled them to increase the 3d effect.Tiny pink gems form the centre of each flower. Another free font was used for the text and the gorgeous black velvet ribbon I bought recently was the perfect finishing touch.

I'm pleased with the results and more importantly had loads of fun making these. I'd love some more bits from Pink Petticoat actually, I have my eye on Lolas boutique!

Although the patterns and images are alot more modern and trendy than I'm used to, they still just cry out to be glittered and blinged and ribboned to death, which is a big PHEW!

No comments:

Humphrey and Sophie

Humphrey and Sophie